As a long time development partner of BCS, Unity Information Systems was invited to develop a new system to enable IT technicians worldwide to apply for a new accreditation – Professional Registration of IT Technicians (RITTech).
You can read more about the RITTech accreditation here: RITTech – BCS
Working alongside BCS business analysts, graphic designers, project managers, and their membership team, the system needed to:
- Provide a self-guided process through which an applicant’s suitability for RITTech status could be evaluated
- Provide a back-office application to allow final approval or rejection by trained RITTech administrators
- Back-office functionality to maintain all aspects of the system such as prices, discount vouchers, application status’s
- Bulk upload of pre-approved applications from approved Organisations
- Integrate with BCS’s in-house membership and finance systems.
The solution was developed and delivered as three separate C# MVC web applications; the registration site, back office administration site and the public register.
The Register of IT Technicians has now been launched to the wider public from October 2015.
Main technology components:
- C# MVC
- Entity Framework
- MS Unity DI
- SQL Server